Pet Wellness Care
We place the health of your pet as our first concern.
Wellness Exams for Dogs and Cats in Key Largo, FL
As an AAHA-accredited, Cat-Friendly Practice staffed with Fear Free Certified Professionals, we take steps to ensure that every wellness visit is overwhelmingly positive for our dog and cat patients.
Keep your pet going strong. Schedule their wellness exam today.
The Key Benefits of Annual Wellness Exams
When you commit to bringing in your pet to see their veterinarian once a year, you do a world of good for their health and well-being. Some of the most important benefits include:
Forging a Stronger Bond with Your Pet—and Your Vet
In addition to keeping a close eye on your pet’s health, we love seeing them regularly and maintaining a strong working relationship with you. And most of all, we’re passionate about seeing the benefits our patients experience year after year with the help of our care.
Your Pet Can Avoid Life-Limiting Illnesses
Dogs and Cats Can Live Longer (and Better) Lives
Common Characteristics of a Typical Wellness Exam
A standard wellness exam for dogs and cats usually includes:
- A complete physical examination from nose to tail, including an assessment of their heart, lungs, weight, and body temperature
- Blood work and fecal testing to screen for parasites, diseases, and abnormal organ function
- The appropriate core and non-core vaccines for your pet’s health and lifestyle needs
- A thorough discussion about your pet’s nutrition needs
- Recommendations for parasite prevention–we offer preventatives for fleas, ticks, heartworms, and intestinal worms to ensure that every dog and cat has full coverage at all times
- Plenty of time for you to bring up any questions or concerns you have
Below are all of the veterinary services we offer at Island Hammock Pet Hospital. If you have any questions regarding our services, please feel free to call us.