Emergency Vet Care in Key Largo, FL
We’re committed to providing timely, compassionate care to our patients and clients whenever it’s needed. This includes emergency vet care for pets that are ill, injured, or have an unknown condition that might turn out to be serious.
What if My Pet has an Emergency when You’re Closed?
While Island Hammock Pet Hospital is not a 24-hour facility, we still do all we can to be available to you in case of an emergency. After regular business hours and on holidays, Guardian Vets is here! We are pleased to provide after-hours emergency consultations from a licensed veterinary professional. These individuals will help to determine whether or not a trip to the emergency vet is necessary. To reach one of our on-call professionals:
- Call our main number: (305) 852-5252.
- When prompted, press 1.
- Your call will be connected to a licensed veterinary professional who will triage your emergency at no cost to you.
Many times, our on-call veterinary professional can help prevent unnecessary late-night trips to the ER and will assist you with scheduling an appointment with Island Hammock Pet Hospital at your earliest convenience.
Signs Your Pet Might Need Emergency Vet Care
Contact our hospital if your pet is experiencing/has recently experienced any of the following:
- Difficulty breathing
- Chronic coughing/wheezing
- No eating/drinking for 24 hours
- Bleeding from nose, eyes, or mouth
- Swelling of the face and paws
- Lethargy and listlessness
- Unable to walk or stand
- Bleeding heavily
- Vomiting and/or diarrhea
- Blood in vomit/stool
- Straining or unable to urinate/defecate
- Painful to touch
- Hit by a car or fell from a height
- Encountered a wild animal
- Ingested, or possibly ingested, a poison
- Abdomen appears bloated and is firm to the touch
- Sustained an eye injury