Cat and Dog Boarding at Our Key Largo, FL Villa
Our Boarding Villa offers a higher level of relaxation and comfort to dogs and cats in and around Key Largo. If you want to feel assured of your pet’s health and safety while you’re away on business or pleasure, Island Hammock Pet Hospital is a place you can trust to treat your pet with the same care and affection that you do. Our cat and dog boarding facility and the quality of care our staff members provide are AAHA-approved, which means your dog or cat will receive only the best treatment and accommodations for their needs.
Book your pet’s boarding reservation today.
Why Choose Our Cat and Dog Boarding Villa?
Cat and dog boarding can be stressful for both the pet and their owner. We understand this, and take measures to reduce stress as much as possible while also making your pet’s experience a pleasant one here in our Key Largo, FL facility.
- All of our staff are highly experienced and well trained to care for the animals that board with us
- We take precautions to maintain a safe, controlled environment by examining all boarding guests upon arrival to ensure they are disease and parasite-free
- We take time to evaluate and address the special housing needs of pets that are anxious or fearful
- Our facility is well secured, with centrally monitored fire and intrusion alarm systems in place
Features of Our Cat and Dog Boarding Facilities in Key Largo
Our canine and feline guests deserve exceptional comfort so they can feel more at home while you’re away. Additionally, all guests are monitored daily by staff veterinarians and given medical treatment as needed. While our office is closed on Sundays, you're still welcome to pick up your furry family member--just be sure to make arrangements with us ahead of time!
Dog Boarding Facilities
Features of our dog boarding service include:
- Time in fenced yard 3x a day
- Plenty of social time with boarding villa staff
- Spacious kennels for dogs of all sizes
- Pheromones to help our guests relax
- Soft, calming music
- Can provide individualized/specialty diets
- Routine and therapeutic bathing services
- Soundproofing to reduce internal and external noises (such as thunder)
- Windows to let in plenty of natural light
- Central AC and heating
Cat Boarding Facilities
Our Boarding Villa houses facilities for cats in a dedicated ward that is quiet and isolated from other areas of the hospital. It features:
- Cozy cat condos that offer privacy and seclusion
- Calming pheromones to promote relaxation
- Soft music
- TV for visual enrichment
- Space to climb and roam freely into adjacent (unoccupied) cat condos
- Soundproofing to minimize both internal and outside noises
- Windows so cats can bask in natural light during the day and watch the world outside
We take time to evaluate your cat’s particular housing needs and address them accordingly. Our veterinarians and staff are conscious of the fact that felines can be fearful and anxious, or require special medical attention during their stay.
Keeping Your Pet Healthy while They Board with Us
Your pet's health is a major priority for us while they're boarding. Our hospital is equipped to provide medical care to your pet during the day, and we have several requirements to increase their safety--and that of our other guests as well.
Medications and Medical Care
If your pet takes medications, they must be brought along with your pet in their original containers and contain specific instructions. When administering treatments and medications to our cat and dog boarding guests, we monitor everything very carefully to ensure compliance with their wellness plans. We monitor and log all eating, urination, and defecation activity daily to make sure each pet is doing well. Any problems that arise are treated promptly by trained medical personnel, and owners are duly notified about their pet’s treatment.
For you pet's safety and the safety of all our guests and staff members, we need to make sure they are healthy and up-to-date with all the necessary treatments.
- All guests will need to be examined by one of our doctors prior to their boarding stay to ensure they are healthy and free of disease or parasites
- Dogs must be current with the following vaccines:
- Cats must be current with the following vaccines:
- Dogs and cats both must have had a negative intestinal parasite exam within the last year
- Dogs and cats must also be current on their flea and tick prevention
- Pet owners must provide the name and number of a local individual who is willing and able to be an emergency contact in case of an evacuation, or if the pet needs to be picked up prior to their original departure date for any reason
Please contact us in advance if your pet needs to be brought up to date. We want to ensure that our Boarding Villa remains safe and sanitary for all of our guests.
"Nothing but the best. Always warm, friendly, and caring."
"Nobody’s as good as you all are!!”
- Sherry S. and “Stassi”
"Great place to take your pet! Took my dog there Friday, everyone was so caring about Max, Dr Pawluk found the problem right away, Max is doing a lot better 🙂 "
- Renee B.
"Dr. Fly is Indira’s Veterinarian and is by far the BEST Vet we have EVER had! She has been incredibly supportive ever since we moved back to the Upper Keys and I have no idea where Indira and I would be if it was not for her and the fantastic staff at Island Hammock Pet Hospital. Thank you!"
- Sarah S. & Indira
"We have lived all around the country and taken our dogs to many vet clinics, but this one has to be the best one we have ever been to. First of all, despite the media coverage that Florida doesn’t take COVID seriously, this clinic does an amazing job with COVID precautions. They come out to pick up/drop off your pets and handle everything vis phone- including the vet calling to explain everything. Super convenient and very safe. Dr. Pawluk should be a model case study for vet and medical students in excellent bedside manners. She patiently walks through the review of your pet’s medical visit, explaining everything in depth in a way a non-science/medical person can easily understand. I trust both my little one’s health in her and the staff’s hands."